What we do
The Central Highlands Children and Youth Area Partnership is working to ensure that all children and young people in our area are engaged in education and are protected and nurtured, living free of violence in safe and respectful environments.
Our community aspiration is that all young people in the Central Highlands exit the education system at the right time and for the right reason- to enter work, further training or higher education.
We are committed to closing the unacceptable opportunity and achievment gaps for vulnerable students.
By improving education outcomes, we will provide every student with the opportunity to reach their full potenial.
We will raise the Year 12 attainment rate fom 78% to 100% by 2030.
- Help children to live in safe and supportive families and ensure the most vulnerable are protected.
- Support children to have the best start in life and be ready for learning.
- Increase numbers particpating and engaging in learning.
- Improve achievment and close achievement gaps.
- Assist schools and support services to improve attendance, engagement and develop positive behaviour.
- Improve learning outcomes for; Aboriginal children and young people, children and young people in Out of Home Care and those with special needs.
- Improve social, emotional and mental health and well being.
- Reduce offending and anti-social behaviour.
- Provide play, leisure, cultural and sporting opportunities.
- Increase particpation, voice and influence.
If you would like more information, or want to get involved, please contact us.